Agreement between Bromehill priory and the town of Thetford.
- Agreement between Bromehill priory and the town of Thetford.
- Published / Created
- 1331 July 7.
- Publication Place
- Manuscript indenture, on parchment, detailing an agreement between the Prior and canons of the Augustinian priory of Bromehill on the one part and the Mayor, burgesses, merchants and residents of the town of Thetford on the other part. The indenture concerns the rights to income from the annual Prior's fair at Bromehill, including rights to the toll, stallage and pickage fees.
Annotated in a later hand, possibly that of the Norfolk antiquary Thomas Martin.
Docketed in a sixteenth-century? hand: the indentur of Bromehyll ffeyes.
Formerly owned by Thomas Martin. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single column of 26 lines. Head of document indented.
Script: secretary script.
With: Seal of the Prior and Canons of Bromehill Priory, in green wax, containing a pyramid between a star, below, and a crescent moon, above.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 190 x 240 mm. + seal.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 77
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--14th century.
Seals (artifacts)--England--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Norfolk (England)--Early works to 1800.
Thetford (England)--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Name)
Bromehill Priory (Norfolk, England)
- Subject (Topic)
Fairs--England--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Markets--England--Early works to 1800.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Monasteries and state--England.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Agreement Between Bromehill Priory and the Town of Thetford. Takamiya MS 77.
- Orbis Record