Choir breviary (fragment).
- Choir breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1400 and 1450]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, of a choir breviary, containing part of the offices for Epiphany.
Decoration: Rubricated. Initials in blue with red penwork. Large illuminated initial "A" with full border on verso, gilt.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: double columns of 51 lines.
Musical notation on four-line red staves.
References to Thomas Becket struck through on verso.
Script: gothic liturgical hand.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 480 x 337 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 82
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Breviaries--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Musical notation--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Choir Breviary (Fragment). Takamiya MS 82.
- Orbis Record