- Bible (fragment)
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1330]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript leaf, on vellum, in a single hand, of part of the book of Ecclesiasticus (Sirach).
Decoration: Three illuminated initials with bar borders; illuminated chapter numbers.
Layout: double columns of 46 lines each.
Manuscript Bible originally given to St. Albans Abbey by Michael of Mentmore (-1349). Leaf previously owned by Alan G. Thomas. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 292 x 197 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 87
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
St. Albans Abbey.
Thomas, Alan G.--Ownership.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Bible (Fragment). Takamiya MS 87.
- Orbis Record