Livre du Lancelot du Lac: three miniatures.
- Livre du Lancelot du Lac: three miniatures.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1440]
- Publication Place
- Three miniatures, on vellum, from the copy of the Livre du Lancelot du Lac illustrated by the Dunois Master. They depict: 1) the Duke of Clarence and esquire, meeting a knight cutting off a woman's hair; 2) King Baudemagnus leading the battle against the Romans; 3) Lancelot's arrival at the city of Gorre.
Binding: individually mounted.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
- 3 items : parchment ; 100 x100 mm (largest)
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 99
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Lancelot--(Legendary character)
- Subject (Topic)
Arthurian romances in art.
Arthurian romances in art--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Livre du Lancelot du Lac: three miniatures.. Takamiya MS 99.
- Orbis Record