Homily on the ascension (fragment).
- Homily on the ascension (fragment).
- Bede, the Venerable, Saint, 673-735.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 800-1000]
- Publication Place
- [Germany or Northern France],
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, in a single hand, of a portion of the text of Bede's Homily on the Ascension.
Decoration: capitals touched with red ink.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: double columns of 28 lines.
Script: copied by a single hand in Carolingian miniscule.
Text corresponds to Patrologia Latina (PL) 94: 180/81.
- 1 l.: parchment ; 315 x 220 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 106
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--France--9th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--10th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--9th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Bede,--the Venerable, Saint,--673-735.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and The Venerable Bede, Homily on the Ascension (Fragment). Takamiya MS 106.
- Orbis Record