Wycliffite New testament.
- Wycliffite New testament.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1400-1435]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, in a single hand: a leaf from the table of readings at the beginning or end of a Wycliffite New Testament. The text is from the Sanctoral, from the feast of the Purifcation to the feast of St. Mark.
Binding: Inlaid into a large paper leaf.
Decoration: headings in red, capitals in red and blue.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single columns of 36 lines.
Script: small gothic bookhand.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 186 x 145 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 113
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Bible.--English (Middle English)--Versions--Wycliffe.
English prose literature--Middle English, 1100-1500.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Wycliffite New Testament. Takamiya MS 113.
- Orbis Record