Brut chronicle (fragment).
- Brut chronicle (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1225 and 1275]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment, on parchment, of text from a Brut chronicle in Anglo-Norman rhyming octosyllabic couplets.
Decoration: initial C in blue and initial Q in red.
Formerly owned by Martin Schøyen (MS 650). From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: two columns of 39 lines.
Script: gothic hand.
Stained and somewhat worn from use as a pastedown, with some later pen trials.
- f. 1 : parchment ; 199 x 130 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 115
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval.--[England]--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Schøyen, Martin--Bookplate.
- Subject (Topic)
Brutus the Trojan (Legendary character)
Chronicles of England.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Brut chronicle (fragment). Takamiya MS 115.
- Orbis Record