Lancelot du lac (fragment)
- Lancelot du lac (fragment)
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1275-1300]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript binding fragment, on parchment, of part of the text of Lancelot du Lac.
Accompanied by three unidentified manuscript fragments that were part of the 2002 sale lot.
Decoration: illuminated initial with brown penwork.
Script: gothic script.
Sotheby's 2002 June 18 sale, lot 4. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 182 x 46 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
French, Middle (ca.1400-1600)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 121
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Lancelot--(Legendary character)
- Subject (Topic)
Arthurian romances--Early works to 1800.
Lancelot (Prose romance)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Lancelot du Lac (Fragment). Takamiya MS 121.
- Orbis Record