Acquittance for Edward Greville.
- Acquittance for Edward Greville.
- Lumley, John Lumley, Baron, 1534?-1609.
- Published / Created
- 1594 November 10.
- Publication Place
- Legal document, in a professional hand, signed by the first Baron Lumley, containing an acquittance for 2500 pounds received from Edward Greville for the manor of Mickleton in Gloucestershire.
Attached seal (worn).
Docketed in later hands.
Part of Phillipps MS 40459. From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Signed: "Ric. Lewkenor."
- 1 l. : parchment ; 365 x 495 mm + seal.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 126
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Legal documents--England--16th century
Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--16th century.
Seals (artifacts)--England--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Gloucestershire (England)--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Name)
Lumley, John Lumley,--Baron,--1534?-1609.
Lumley, John Lumley,--Baron,--1534?-1609--Autograph.
- Subject (Topic)
Land tenure--England--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and John Lumley, Baron Lumley, Acquittance for Edward Greville. Takamiya MS 126.
- Orbis Record