Grant of a crest to Robert Revell of Shorlonglegge.
- Grant of a crest to Robert Revell of Shorlonglegge.
- Published / Created
- 1546 July 10.
- Publication Place
- Manuscript document, signed by William Fellow, Norroy King of Arms, granting Richard Revell of Shorlonglegge (Shirland) in Derbyshire a crest for his coat of arms.
Decoration: Portrait figure of Norrey King of Arms within the initial "T," in full color; illustration of Revell's coat of arms with the newly granted crest filling left margin, in full color; floral border, top and right margins, in full color.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Layout: single column of 20 lines.
Script: secretary script.
Seals of William Fellow and of the office of Norroy King of Arms suspended from document.
Signed: "Norrey King of Arms of the north."
- 1 l. : parchment ; 520 x 270 mm. + 2 seals.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 127
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Coats of arms--England--16th century.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--England--16th century.
Seals (artifacts)--England--16th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
College of Arms (Great Britain)--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Topic)
Heraldry--England--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Renaissance--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Grant of a Crest to Robert Revell of Shorlonglegge. Takamiya MS 127.
- Orbis Record