Indenture between Thomas Tuddenham and Edward Grimston.
- Indenture between Thomas Tuddenham and Edward Grimston.
- Published / Created
- 1446 March 1.
- Publication Place
- Indenture, on parchment, containing an agreement by Thomas Tuddenham to sell his lands at Alestaneswyck (possibly Stanwick St. John, North Yorkshire) to Edward Grimston for 400 marks, to be paid over 3 years. The contract also specifies that a manor in Suffolk will be surety for the purchase of these entailed lands.
Docketed in a later hand.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
Indented at head of document with chirographic letters.
Layout: Single column of fifteen lines.
Seal: red wax seal with the crest of Edward Grimston (damaged).
Signed: document signed by the scribe, "Brampton."
Signed: sign manual of Edward Grimston at end of text.
- 1 l. : parchment ; 145 x 325 mm + seal.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 134
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Legal documents--England--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
Seals (artifacts)--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Yorkshire (England)--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Land tenure--England--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437.
Indenture Between Thomas Tuddenham and Edward Grimston. Takamiya MS 134.
- Orbis Record