Drawing of King Edmund the Martyr.
- Drawing of King Edmund the Martyr.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Full-page pen drawing, in brown ink, of King Edmund the Martyr holding an arrow. Accompanied by four lines of verse in Middle English.
Drawn on the blank page of a bifolium once used as the flyleaf of a Latin Psalter (circa 1290-1310) that may have been written for the church of St. Botolph in Essex.
From the collection of Toshiyuki Takamiya, 2013-.
In Middle English; original text on bifolium is in Latin.
- 2 l. : parchment ; 267 x 180 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
English, Middle (1100-1500)
- Call Number
- Takamiya MS 136
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--England--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Edmund,--King of East Anglia,--841-870--Portraits.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- A handlist of western Medieval manuscripts in the Takamiya collection / Toshiyuki Takamiya, in The Medieval book: glosses from friends & colleagues of Christopher de Hamel, ed. by Richard Linenthal, James Marrow and William Noel. 't Goy-Houten: Hes & De Graff, 2010, pp. 421-437. and Drawing of King Edmund the Martyr. Takamiya MS 136.
- Orbis Record