America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings / Discribed and inlarged by I.S. Ano 1626 ; Abraham Goos ... sculpsit.
- America with those known parts in that unknowne worlde both people and manner of buildings / Discribed and inlarged by I.S. Ano 1626 ; Abraham Goos ... sculpsit.
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- are to be sold by Thomas Bassett in Fleet Street and by Richard Chiswell in St. Pauls Churchyard,
From his atlas Prospect of the World, pp. 9-10, sig. e, catch. in-.
Includes text, inset of Greenland, and views of towns and ill. of figures in margins.
Text of "The description of America" on verso.
Tooley identifies this as a 1676 issue, noting NY and Maryland mentioned for the first time in text about Virginia (section 14) on verso; and Hochelaga, Quebec, and Tadasac added to description of Canada.
- 1 map ; 36 x 44 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale not given
- (W 40⁰--W 140⁰/N 70⁰--S 60⁰)., a, N0700000, S0600000, W0400000, and W1400000
- Call Number
- 70 1676
- Container / Volume Information
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Tooley, R.V. Mapping of America, p. 113, pl. 27
- Orbis Record