Views of the headlands and islands on the coasts of North West and South America / W. Alexander, delt. from sketches made on the spot ; J. Fittler, sculp.
- Views of the headlands and islands on the coasts of North West and South America / W. Alexander, delt. from sketches made on the spot ; J. Fittler, sculp.
- Vancouver, George, 1757-1798
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- London :
- Published May 1st, 1798, by J. Edwards Pall Mall & G. Robinson, Paternoster Row,
Nine views in 10 segments on 1 sheet.
Tscherikow's Island ... / H. Humphries, delt. -- The entrance of Port Chatham, Cook's Inlet ... / T. Heddington -- Wingham's Island ... the w[es]t point of Kaye's Island ... & Cape Hammond ... / J. Sykes -- Cape Ommaney ... s[ou]th point of Coronation Island ... Mount Calder ... / J. Sykes -- Cape St. Lucas, [Baja] California ... / T. Heddington -- The Maria Islands lying off Port San Blas, Mexico ... T. Heddington -- Cape Corrientes ... -- The islet of Diego Ramirez to the s[ou]th of Cape Horn ... / J. Sykes -- The coast to the s[ou]th of Valparaiso, Point Quraumilla ... / J. Sykes.
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 42 x 54 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- BrSides Folio 2017 59
- Collection Title
- Voyage of discovery to the North Pacific ocean, and round the world.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Pacific Coast (Mexico)--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800.
- Subject (Name)
Alexander, William (1767-1816)
Edwards, James, 1756-1816
Fittler, James, 1758-1835
Heddington, Thomas, 1775 or 1776-1860
- Subject (Topic)
Coasts--Alaska--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800.
Coasts--Chile--Pictorial works--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record