Nova orbis tabvla in lvcem edita / a. F. de Wit.
- Nova orbis tabvla in lvcem edita / a. F. de Wit.
- Alternative Title
- Nova orbis tabula in lucem edita
- Wit, Frederik de
- Copyright Date
- [approximately 1670]
Allegorical vignettes of the four seasons.
Double hemisphere, with smaller polar insets.
Imperfect: chipped and mutilated along edges and fold, with some loss of text. Backed with paper.
Relief shown pictorially.
Shows California as an island.
State 2, in which cherubs were placed in the cusps and a border added; see Rodney Shirley, Mapping of the world, entry 451.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 2 hemispheres, each 27 cm in diamater, on sheet 47 x 55 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:50,000,000
- (W 180°--E 180°/N 90°--S 90°)., 090.000000, -090.000000, 180.000000, -180.000000, 50000000, and a
- Call Number
- BrSides Double Folio 2019 116
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Shirley, R. Mapping of the world, 1472-1700, 451
- Orbis Record