Silex scintillans : sacred poems and private ejaculations
- Silex scintillans : sacred poems and private ejaculations
- Alternative Title
- Sacred poems and private ejaculations.
- Vaughan, Henry, 1621-1695.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Printed for Henry Crips, and Lodowick LLoyd, next to the Castle in Cornhill, and in Popes-Head Alley,
Signatures: A4(A1 blank)B8A-G8(G8 blank)C-G8H4.
The first book (110p., sig. A-G) is made up of the remainder sheets of the 1650 edition, including the engraved illus. t.-p. and the preceding leaf of "Authoris ... emblema"; the text of p. 20-21 is in the original state.
The t.p. of book 1 bears on the reverse the signature "Tho: ffrance 1652"; hence the book was evidently in his hands before the publication of book 2 and the general t.-p. and prefatory matter. Bookplate of John Cawley of Topsham. Bookplate of Frank Brewer Bemis. Bookplate of Chauncey Brewster Tinker.
- 11 p.l., 110, 84,  p. ; 16 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- The second edition, in two books.
- Call Number
- Tinker 2259
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grolier Club 898 and Tinker lib. 2259
- Orbis Record