[Untitled folder containing fragile papers]
- [Untitled folder containing fragile papers]
- Isherwood, Christopher, 1904-1986 and Lehmann, John,--1907-1987
- The letters also discuss the writing, publishing, critical reception, and theatrical adaptations of Isherwood's works, critical analysis of many of Lehmann's works, and commentary on the lives and works of many important literary figures of the time, including W. H. Auden, E. M. Forster, William Plomer, Stephen Spender, Edward Upward, Berthold Viertel, Virginia Woolf and many others. Also mentioned are Isherwood's companion, the artist Don Bachardy, and two literary journals founded by Lehmann, New Writing and the London Magazine. Also included is one letter from Richard Isherwood, Christopher's brother, to Lehmann, several letters to Lehmann from third parties concerning Isherwood, and a typescript of Isherwood's poem "On His Queerness."
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 344
- Collection Title
- Christopher Isherwood correspondence with John Lehmann
- Collection Date
- Container / Volume Information
- Port | Folder 18
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Christopher Isherwood Correspondence with John Lehmann. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record