Letters to Richard Isherwood
- Letters to Richard Isherwood
- Isherwood, Christopher, 1904-1986
- Published / Created
- Collection contains letters from Christopher Isherwood to his brother, Richard Isherwood, and his mother, Kathleen Machell Smith Isherwood. The letters describe his life in America, his efforts to become a United States citizen, and his involvement with Indian Vedanta philosophy and the Swāmi Prabhavananda. Many letters discuss his work writing articles, screenplays and books, especially the autobiographical "Kathleen and Frank." The letters also mention several of his friends, including E. M. Forster, Felix Greene, Aldous Huxley and Peggy Kiskadden. Also included is a letter from Isherwood's companion Don Bachardy to Richard Isherwood with a note from Christopher, and two letters to Christopher Isherwood from family acquaintances concerning family history.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS 345
- Collection Title
- Christopher Isherwood letters to his family
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Letters from Christopher Isherwood
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Christopher Isherwood Letters to His Family. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record