Masāʼil / al-qiddīs Bāsīliyūs al-kabīr
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Masāʼil / al-qiddīs Bāsīliyūs al-kabīr
- Masāʼil / al-qiddīs Bāsīliyūs al-kabīr
- Basil, Saint, Bishop of Caesarea, approximately 329-379.
- Published / Created
Copied in A.D. 1755.
Followed by 2 leaves of notes.
Followed by: ʻAbd Allāh ibn al-Faḍl al-Anṭākī's introduction to his translation of the Psalms (leaf 11 recto); 24 ethical maxims, ascribed to St. Gregory of Nyssa (leaf 14 verso); and other pieces.
Questions and answers, ascribed to St. Basil and St. Gregory of Nyssa.
Fair naskhī, in red and black.
For al-Anṭākī's version of the Psalms, cf. Graf, I, 116.
For the ethical maxims, cf. Graf, I, 344, 608 (where, however, reference is made to Berlin catalog, 10181 (16), which is a different text).
No. 5 of 5 titles bound together.
- Leaves 171-186 ; 21.5 x 16 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Arabic MSS 349
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Graf, Geschichte der christlichen arabischen Literatur, I, 324.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)