Journal of a voyage from Boston to the North-West Coast of America
- Journal of a voyage from Boston to the North-West Coast of America
- Furgerson, Samuel
- Published / Created
- Map digitized at high resolution.
A daily journal of the voyage of the brig Otter, commanded by Samuel Hill from Boston to the Alaskan coast by way of the Sandwich Islands. Samuel Furgerson describes places visited, natives, and trade with the Indians, particularly along the Alaskan coast and Queen Charlotte Islands. The last entry comes from Thanikyloo Bay. The map, which is in color, shows the path of the brig Otter along the Northwest Coast of America.
Gift of William Robertson Coe.
Samuel Furgerson: ship's carpenter on trading voyage to the Pacific Northwest.
- 1 v. (129 p.) ; 33 cm. + 1 map.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS 207
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
Hawaii--Description and travel
Northwest Coast of North America--Maps
Pacific Coast (Alaska)--Description and travel
Pacific Coast (B.C.)--Description and travel
Queen Charlotte Islands (B.C.)--Description and travel
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Indians of North America--Alaska
Indians of North America--British Columbia
Voyages and travels--History--19th century
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Samuel Furgerson, Journal of a Voyage. Western Americana Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record