Dickens beside himself : from Sketches by Boz / illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Dickens beside himself : from Sketches by Boz / illustrated by George Cruikshank.
- Pailthorpe, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [London :
- Frank T. Sabin,
"An etched portrait of Dickens based by Pailthorpe on a drawing in pencil made by Cruikshank in 1838 ... At the foot of the print are etched remarqué studies by Pailthorpe of Dickens --in a vignette that gives this print its title-- and of Cruikshank. Etched by Pailthorpe in 1886, the print was published by Frank T. Sabin. This issue, on India paper, is mounted"--Podeschi.
Portrait of Dickens signed: Geo. Cruikshank del. F.W. Pailthorpe sc.
- 1 art reproduction : b&w ; 32 x 22 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Gimbel/Dickens +H1132
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, H1132
- Orbis Record