Pirates / with a foreword and sundry decorations by C. Lovat Fraser.
- Pirates / with a foreword and sundry decorations by C. Lovat Fraser.
- Alternative Title
History and lives of all the most notorious pirates and their crews.
Lives and adventures of sundry notorious pirates
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York :
- Robert M. McBride and Company,
"But little is known of the author, Captain Charles Johnson, excepting that he flourished from 1724-1736, and it is more than probable that the name by which we know him is an assumed one"--Foreword, p. xiv.
"The actual history of the little book, the major part of which is here reprinted, is as follows: Its full title is 'The history and lives of all the most notorious pirates and their crews' and the fifth edition, from which our text is taken, was printed in 1735"--Foreword, p. xi.
First American ed.
Plates printed on colored paper.
Title page within single black rule with title vignette.
- xvi, 159 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Shirley 3032
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Juvenile literature--New York (State)--New York--1922.
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Billing and Sons, printer.
Fraser, Claud Lovat, 1890-1921, ill.
JJohnson, Charles, active 1724-1731, attributed name.
- Subject (Topic)
- Pirates--Juvenile literature.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record