Bleak House / by Charles Dickens ; with illustrations by H.K. Browne ; in two volumes.
- Bleak House / by Charles Dickens ; with illustrations by H.K. Browne ; in two volumes.
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York :
- Harper & Brothers,
Issued in 20 monthly numbers (in 19 parts) from 1852 to 1853. Title pages for each of two vols. at end of double number XIX-XX, along with frontispiece portrait of author, preface, contents, list of illustrations.
Issued in numbered wrappers. Earlier date from advertisement on back wrapper of no. 1.
Original wrappers. Bookseller's stamp: Fetridge's Arcade, books & stationery, Times Building. Inscribed: Ticknor Co. Inscribed: For little Minna. Bookplate of Lewis A. Hird.
- 20 parts in 19 (936, xvi p.) : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Gimbel/Dickens A132 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Booksellers' stamps (Provenance)--Fetridge's Arcade.
Publishers' advertisements--New York (State)--New York--1852.
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Browne, Hablot Knight, 1815-1882.
Congdou, N. B.--Autograph.
Fetridge's Arcade Stamp.
Hird, Lewis A.--Bookplate.
J.T. Heald Stamp.
Lee, N. P.--Autograph.
New Bedford Library Stamp.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, A132, 1st-5th copies and Wilkins, W.G. Dickens, p. 29-30
- Orbis Record