The hierarchie of the blessed angells : their names, orders and offices : the fall of Lucifer with his angells / written by Tho. Heywood.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > The hierarchie of the blessed angells : their names, orders and offices : the fall of Lucifer with his angells / written by Tho. Heywood.
- The hierarchie of the blessed angells : their names, orders and offices : the fall of Lucifer with his angells / written by Tho. Heywood.
- Alternative Title
- Hierarchy of the blessed angels
- Heywood, Thomas, approximately 1574-1641.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Printed by Adam Islip,
A poem in 9 books, each preceded by an argument in verse and an engraved plate, and followed by observations in prose and "A meditation" in verse.
Includes a celebrated reference to Shakespeare and his contemporaries (Book IV, p. 206) and some curious stories concerning witches, magicians and ghosts.
Last leaf (blank) wanting. Armorial bookplate: William Harris Arnold. Bookplate: R. Percy Alden. Autograph: Geo. Edwards.
Signatures: [paragraph symbol]⁶ A-3F⁶ 3G⁴.
The final three leaves include contents and an errata; the last leaf is blank.
The title page is engraved and signed: T Cecill sculp:.
With a preliminary imprimatur leaf.
- , 622,  p. : ill. ; 28 cm. (fol.)
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Ih H519 +635
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Booksellers' labels (Provenance)--Joseph McDonough
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Alden, R. Percy--Bookplate.
Arnold, William Harris,--1854-1923--Bookplate.
Cecil, Thomas, fl. 1630, engraver
- Subject (Topic)
Angels--Poetry--Early works to 1800
Demonology--Early works to 1800
Magic--Early works to 1800
Witchcraft--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
ESTC (RLIN) S122314
STC (2nd ed.) 13327
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)