The vvorkes of Sir Thomas More Knyght, sometyme Lorde Chauncellour of England, / wrytten by him in the Englysh tonge.
- The vvorkes of Sir Thomas More Knyght, sometyme Lorde Chauncellour of England, / wrytten by him in the Englysh tonge.
- Alternative Title
- Workes of Sir Thomas More Knyght, sometyme Lorde Chauncellour of England
- More, Thomas, Saint, 1478-1535, author.
- Published / Created
- Anno 1557.
- Publication Place
- Iohn Cawod, Iohn VValy, and Richarde Tottell,
Described in Hoe, III, pp. 253-254.
Edited by William Rastell, , whose name appears in the heading on [par.]2.
Gothic type in double columns.
Imperfect: leaves [superscript pi][par.]1-2 wormed, with no loss of text. Bound in two volumes. Contemporary inscription to Elizabeth Harrygton from William Harryngton. Inscription: John Harrygton, his booke. Contemporary manuscript poem on title page verso. Some marginal manuscript annotations. Armorial bookplate: Sr. Edward Blount. Stamps of the Monasterium S. Francisci (Crawley, West Sussex).
Irregularities in paging: p. 89-96 are numbered by columns 89-104.
Signatures: [superscript pi][par.]¹⁰ [par.]⁸ a-f⁸ h-2z⁸ A-2B⁸ 2C⁸(2C5+chi1) 2D-2Y⁸ 2Z⁶.
The first quire was printed by John Cawood, the rest by Richard Tottel (STC).
Title within architectural border.
- , 88 pages, 89-104 columns, 104-1138, , 1139-1458,  pages ; 28 cm (folio)
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn fpa21
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Name)
Catholic Church--Doctrinal and controversial works--Catholic authors.
Harrington, Elizabeth--Presentation inscription from W. Harrington.
Harrington, William--Presentation inscription to E. Harrington.
Monasterium S. Francisci Stamp.
Richard--III,--King of England,--1452-1485.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- ESTC S115047 and STC 18076
- Orbis Record