Appendix to Walker's Hibernian Magazine, or, Compendium of Entertaining Knowledge, For the Year 1786.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Appendix to Walker's Hibernian Magazine, or, Compendium of Entertaining Knowledge, For the Year 1786.
- Appendix to Walker's Hibernian Magazine, or, Compendium of Entertaining Knowledge, For the Year 1786.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- [Dublin [Ireland] :
- printed by Thomas Walker,
Annual cumulations from 1775-1789 have supplements called "Appendix".
Chronological designation only.
Cumulated annually by The Hibernian magazine (1785) and annually and semiannually by Walker's Hibernian magazine (1786-1811).
Folded illustrated plate between pages 684-685.
Issues include general essays on many topics, selections from literature, comments on the theatre, poetry, a summary of events in Europe and England for the month, public events in Ireland including Parliamentary news (through 1798), marriage and death notices and promotions. During the American Revolution there is considerable coverage of events and personalities; political coverage of the French Revolution is extensive also. The Irish uprising of 1798 is described in some detail (although those issues are lacking in the copy cataloged).
May, 1785-December, 1811.
Publisher's name and place of publication from general title page of annual cumulation; years of publication from dates of issues.
Running title includes subjects on current pages and date of issue; in later issues verso running titles read: Walker's Hibernian magazine.
1 folded pl.
23.3 x 21.2 cm. folded to 12.6 x 21.2 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been partially digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Z17 302p
- Collection Title
- Walker's Hibernian magazine, or Compendium of entertaining knowledge (Dublin, Ireland : Monthly)
- Collection Created
- [Dublin [Ireland] :
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Hibernian magazine, or, Compendium of entertaining knowledge
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Resource Type
- Books, Journals & Pamphlets
- Subject (Geographic)
Europe--History--18th century--Periodicals--Early works to 1800.
Ireland--Civilization--18th century--Periodicals--Early works to 1800.
Ireland--History--18th century--Periodicals--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Crane & Kaye, 301
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)