[Letters from Stevens]
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > [Letters from Stevens]
- [Letters from Stevens]
- Stevens, Isaac Ingalls, 1818-1862
Casey, Silas, 1807-1882
Chenoweth, Francis A., 1819-1899
Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869
Shaw, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1829 or 1830-1908
- Published / Created
Contents: Three letters to Colonel Casey. Mar 31-Apr 7, 1856. 4 p. Letter to Hon. F. A. Chenoweth. May 28, 1856. 2 p. Letter to Elwood Evans. Jun 3, 1856. 1 p. Letter to Lieutenant Colonel Lander. May 4, 1856. 1 p. Letter to Hon. Victor Monroe. May 28, 1856. 1 p. Four letters to Lieutenant Colonel Shaw. May 4-22, 1856. Signed by Stevens. 5 p. Copies of two letters to the President of the United States [Franklin Pierce]. May 23, Aug 18, 1856. 9 p. Letter to William F. Tolmie. Mar 8, 1856. 1 p. Copy of a few lines of Governor Stevens' answer to alleged cause of complaint, in the case of the U.S. vs. Isaac I. Stevens [Jul? 1856]. In the handwriting of Judge Strong. 1 p.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- WA MSS 442-445
- Collection Title
- Isaac Ingalls Stevens papers
- Collection Note
- Papers relating to martial law in the Washington Territory (WA MSS 442). STEVENS, ISAAC INGALLS
- Container / Volume
- Box 1 | Folder 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Isaac Ingalls Stevens Papers. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)