Lettere diverse, notizie di festi, fogli volanti, relazioni d'ammissioni all'Accad. degli Immobili : [Florence], 1717-1789.
- Lettere diverse, notizie di festi, fogli volanti, relazioni d'ammissioni all'Accad. degli Immobili : [Florence], 1717-1789.
- Accademia degli immobili
- Printed items include a broadside for a 1718 production of "Lo Scanderbeg", by Antonio Vivaldi and Giuseppe Serantoni; a "Descrizione, e Tabella dei Palchi del nuovo teatro di via della Pergola" dated 6 June, 1755; and an "Avviso" concerning the costs of the 1787 renovation. and The papers consist of letters, memoranda, expense accounts, notarial documents, copies of contracts with impresarios, and printed broadsides documenting the theatrical activities of the Accademia degli Immobili in the eighteenth century. Many of the documents are connected to Francesco or Giuseppe Frescobaldi, and relate to their administrative duties for the Accademia. The collection includes extensive documentation of performance contracts, expenditures, and payment disputes for productions of several works by Metastasio and others; an account of expenditures for the Carnival season of 1752-53; and of the extensive renovations of the Teatro della Pergola in 1755 and 1787.
Ex libris Giannalisa Feltrinelli. Purchased from Robin Halwas on the Edwin J. Beinecke Fund, 1999.
Most bound in contemporary vellum over paper boards, with goatskin tie.
The Accademia degli Immobili was founded under the patronage of Cardinal Giovanni Carlo de' Medici in 1649 for the promotion of drama, music, and dance. Revived under the protection of Giovanni Gastone de' Medici in the early eighteenth century, the Accademia reorganized, taking full possession of the Teatro della Pergola and establishing it as a theater for public performances of operas and musical spectacles.
- 1 box (containing 1 volume (109 l.) and 1 folder (50 l.) ; 34 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- GEN MSS VOL 379
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
financial records (AAT)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Geographic)
- Florence (Italy)--History--1737-1860
- Subject (Name)
Accademia degli Immobili
- Subject (Topic)
Italian drama--18th century
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Accademia degli Immobili, Lettere diverse. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record