[Seals from 1170 to 1301] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Seals from 1170 to 1301] [art original].
- [Seals from 1170 to 1301] [art original].
- Tovey, J., active 1793-1801, artist
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1793]
- Publication Place
Drawing of six seals, each numbered from "No. 1" to "No. 6".
Title devised by curator.
Artist identified as Tovey in the Sotheby's catalogue description of the volume in which this drawing is bound.
Date based on publication date of the work in which this drawing is bound.
"Plate I"--Written above image.
Mounted on page 396.1 in volume 2 of James Dallaway's interleaved, extra-illustrated copy of his: Inquiries into the origin and progress of the science of heraldry in England. Gloucester : Printed by R. Raikes, for T. Cadell, London, 1793.
- 1 drawing : image 23.3 x 19 cm, on sheet 24.5 x 20 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Quarto 142 793D
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, page 396.1. Inquiries into the origin and progress of the science of heraldry in England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Dallaway, James, 1763-1834.
- Collection Date
- Gloucester : Printed by R. Raikes, for T. Cadell, London, 1793.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Ink drawings British 18th century
- pen and ink ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Henry II, King of England, 1133-1189.
Henry III, King of England, 1207-1272.
Edward I, King of England, 1239-1307.
- Subject (Topic)
- Seals (Insignia)
Henry II, King of England, 1133-1189
Henry III, King of England, 1207-1272
Edward I, King of England, 1239-1307
British > 18th century
Dallaway, James, 1763-1834 > Ownership
Fleming, Lindsay > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- J. Tovey, Seals from 1170 to 1301. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)