"The archbishop of Gil Blas" [art original]
Lewis Walpole Library > "The archbishop of Gil Blas" [art original]
- "The archbishop of Gil Blas" [art original]
- Cronin, David Edward, 1839-1925, artist
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- New York?
Watercolor drawing of the fictional archbishop in Lesage's novel Gil Blas; bust length, turned slightly right; overweight, with white hair and bushy white eyebrows; wearing a mitre, pectoral cross, and chasuble
Title written below image.
Signed and dated by the artist in lower left corner of image.
Place of production inferred from artist's city of residence during this time period.
Page reference for quotation written below title: Page 210.
Bound as page 80 in volume 9 of M.C.D. Borden's extensively extra-illustrated copy of: Horace Walpole and his world / edited by L. B. Seeley ... London : Seeley, Jackson, and Halliday, 1884.
- 1 drawing : image 25.5 x 18 cm, on sheet 38.5 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 225 884S Copy 2
- Collection Title
- Volume 9, page 80. Horace Walpole and his world.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797.
- Collection Date
- London : Seeley, Jackson, and Halliday, 1884.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Watercolors American 19th century
- watercolor ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Le Sage, Alain René, 1668-1747.
- Subject (Topic)
Le Sage, Alain René, 1668-1747 > Illustrations
American > 19th century
Borden, Matthew C. D. (Matthew Chaloner Durfee), 1842-1912 > Ownership
Breaker, William D. > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- David Edward Cronin, "The Archbishop of Gil Blas". The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)