The Right Honble. Heneage Earle of Winchelsea [art original]
Lewis Walpole Library > The Right Honble. Heneage Earle of Winchelsea [art original]
- The Right Honble. Heneage Earle of Winchelsea [art original]
- Alternative Title
- Right Honorable Heneage Earl of Winchilsea
- Harding, G. P. (George Perfect), 1780-1853, artist
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756, artist.
- Published / Created
- [not after 1853]
- Publication Place
Portrait of Heneage Finch, 5th Earl of Winchilsea; half-length to the left, with head in three-quarter profile to the left; wearing a long wig and a coat fastened by the top button
Title written in ink below image.
Signed by the artist in ink in lower left portion of image using his monogram: The letters "G" and "P" below with an "H" centered above.
"From a scarce print by Virtue [sic]"--Pencil annotation at bottom of sheet.
Date of production based on artist's death date.
With placement instruction "p. 81" written in pencil below image in lower right.
Inlaid opposite page 81 in volume 2 of an extra-illustrated copy of: Walpole, H. A catalogue of the royal and noble authors of England. [Twickenham, England] : Printed at Strawberry-Hill, 1758.
- 1 drawing : oval image 8.5 x 8 cm, on sheet 11.2 x 9 cm, inlaid to 17.4 x 11 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- 33 3 Copy 14
- Collection Title
- Volume 2, opposite page 81. Catalogue of the royal and noble authors of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797.
- Collection Date
- [Twickenham, England] : Printed at Strawberry-Hill, 1758.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Wash drawings British 19th century
- gray wash ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Winchilsea, Heneage Finch, Earl of, -1689,
Winchilsea, Heneage Finch, Earl of, -1689
British > 19th century
Holford, Robert Stayner, 1808-1892 > Ownership
Holford, George Lindsay, Sir, 1860-1926 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- G.P. Harding, The Right Honble. Heneage Earle of Winchelsea. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)