South Australia, St. Vincent Gulf, Port Adelaide and Holdfast Bay / surveyed by Commr. Stokes, H.M.S. Beagle, 1841 ; J. & C. Walker, sculpt.
- South Australia, St. Vincent Gulf, Port Adelaide and Holdfast Bay / surveyed by Commr. Stokes, H.M.S. Beagle, 1841 ; J. & C. Walker, sculpt.
- Alternative Title
- Port Adelaide and Holdfast Bay and St. Vincent Gulf, Port Adelaide and Holdfast Bay
- Great Britain. Hydrographic Department, cartographer
- Published / Created
- March 23rd 1846.
- Copyright Date
- March 23rd 1846.
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Published according to Act of Parliament at the Hydrographic Office of the Admiralty,
"1752" in lower right corner.
Coordinates not present on map and are approximated.
From John Lort Stokes's Discoveries in Australia (1846).
Nautical chart of Port Adelaide and Holdfast Bay in South Australia with relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depth shown by bathymetric soundings.
Port Adelaide enlarged. Scale approximately1: 50,000.
- 1 map ; 26 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:158,400
- (E 138°24ʹ00ʺ--E 138°48ʹ00ʺ/S 34°45ʹ00ʺ--S 35°07ʹ15ʺ)., -034.750000, -035.120833, 138.400000, 138.800000, 158400, and a
- Call Number
- BrSides 2019 97
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Nautical charts
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
Port Adelaide Region (S.A.)--Maps.
- Subject (Name)
Bate, R. B. (Robert Brettell), bookseller
J. & C. Walker (Firm), engraver
Stokes, John Lort, 1811-1885. Discoveries in Australia.
- Subject (Topic)
Nautical charts--Australia--Holdfast Bay (S.A. : Bay)
Nautical charts--Australia--Port Adelaide Region (S.A.)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record