Colton's Africa : southern sheet.
- Colton's Africa : southern sheet.
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893, creator.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- New York :
- Published by J.H. Colton,
"Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by J.H. Colton & Co. in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
"No. 36" in power right corner.
From Colton's Atlas of the world.
Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
Relief shown by hachures.
Text on verso with caption title "Cape of Good Hope--Cape Colony."
- 1 map : color ; 29 x 42 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:15,000,000
- (E 5°00ʹ00ʺ--E 57°45ʹ00ʺ/S 0°01ʹ00ʺ--S 36°00ʹ00ʺ)., -000.016667, 005.000000, -036.000000, 057.750000, 15000000, and a
- Call Number
- BrSides 2019 90
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Africa, Southern--Maps.
- Subject (Name)
- Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901. Colton's atlas of the world.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Norwich, I., Pam Kolbe, and Jeffrey C Stone. Norwich's Maps of Africa: An Illustrated and Annotated Carto-Bibliography. 2nd ed. / rev. and edited by Jeffrey C. Stone. Norwich, Vt.: Terra Nova Press, 1997, map 0195, p. 220
- Orbis Record