Faustus : from the German of Goethe.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Faustus : from the German of Goethe.
- Faustus : from the German of Goethe.
- Alternative Title
- Faust. 1. Theil. English
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832
Boosey and Sons, publishers.
Coleridge, Samuel Taylor, 1772-1834, translator.
Moses, Henry, 1782?-1870, engraver.
Retzsch, Moritz, 1779-1857, illustrator.
Rodwell and Martin (Firm), publishers.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- London :
- Boosey and Sons : and Rodwell & Martin,
"The slight analysis drawn up as an accompaniment to Retsch's [!] Outlines being out of print, the publishers felt desirous to supply its place with a more careful abstract ...
"With this view the most striking passages and scenes ... have been translated into blank verse, and connected by a detailed description in prose."
Errata on p.  at end.
Published also on large paper with the plates engraved by Moses from Retzch's Outlines.
Translated by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. See the 2007 edition edited by Frederick Burwick and James C. McKusick.
- viii, 86,  p., , 26 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Speck Ck99 R3 +821
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)