North West View of Sitka, Showing Mount Edgecombe in the Distant [sic]
- North West View of Sitka, Showing Mount Edgecombe in the Distant [sic]
- Fuller, John A., 1828-1909
- Drawings by John A. Fuller that document Sitka and other locations in Alaska, 1867, as well as a drawing of a lighthouse on Tatoosh Island, Washington, 1866-1867. Images of Sitka, Alaska, include overviews of the city and landscape, as well as several structures that include St. Michael the Archangel Cathedral, Sitka Lutheran Church, a hospital, a sawmill, and the residence of Colonel Jefferson Columbus Davis. Depictions of other places in Alaska include a fishing station fifteen miles south of Sitka and a Native American outpost on Wrangell Island.
John A. Fuller (1828-1909) was a miner, merchant, and politician, with mining and business interests in California and Alaska. He served as a postmaster and surveyor in Sitka from 1867 to circa 1870. He later became a city councilman and mayor of Napa, California.
Title devised by cataloger.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- WA MSS S-2595
- Collection Title
- Drawings of Alaska, and Tatoosh Island, Washington
- Collection Date
- Collection Note
- Sitka, Alaska
- Container / Volume Information
- Box 1 | Folder 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- John A. Fuller, Drawings of Alaska, and Tatoosh Island, Washington. Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
- Orbis Record