The dissenters new marriage act, or, A constable in lieu of a parson [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The dissenters new marriage act, or, A constable in lieu of a parson [graphic]
- The dissenters new marriage act, or, A constable in lieu of a parson [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Constable in lieu of a parson
- Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, printmaker
- Drake, G., active 1832-1836, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1833]
- Publication Place
- Printed and published by G. Drake, 12, Houghton Street, Clare Market
"First panel: a couple asking to be married to a constable; second panel: big bishop representing the Church vomiting and bleeded by two politicians."--British Museum online catalogue
Titles from item.
Initials of printmaker Charles Jameson Grant in lower right corner of first panel of design.
Date of publication from the British Museum online catalogue.
Design consists of two panels side by side, each individually titled.
Wood engraving with letterpress text.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed with loss of imprint and series statement. Missing text supplied from impression in the British Museum.
Numbered "81" in brown ink in top center portion of first panel of design.
- 1 print : sheet 22.9 x 36 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 G750 833 Copy 2 (Oversize) Box 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1833
Wood engravings 1833
Annotations (Provenance) 19th century
- wood engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Politicians > England
England > 1833
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)