A regular bull bait [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A regular bull bait [graphic]
- A regular bull bait [graphic]
- Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, printmaker
- Drake, G., active 1832-1836, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1833]
- Publication Place
- Printed and published by G. Drake, 12, Houghton Street, Clare Market
"In an arena, bull with the King's features being devoured by dogs with politicians' features; other politicians outside the arena encouraging the dogs."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from item.
Initials of printmaker Charles Jameson Grant in lower left portion of design.
Date of publication from the British Museum online catalogue.
Wood engraving with letterpress text.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed with loss of imprint and series statement. Missing text supplied from impression in the British Museum.
Numbered "90" in brown ink in top center portion of design.
- 1 print : sheet 23.9 x 36 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 G750 833 Copy 2 (Oversize) Box 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1833
Annotations (Provenance) 19th century
- wood engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837
Adelaide, Queen, consort of William IV, King of Great Britain, 1792-1849
Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852
- Subject (Topic)
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837 > Caricatures and cartoons
Adelaide, Queen, consort of William IV, King of Great Britain, 1792-1849 > Caricatures and cartoons
Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852 > Caricatures and cartoons
Politicians > England
England > 1833
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)