A bundle of Guy Fawkes' [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > A bundle of Guy Fawkes' [graphic].
- A bundle of Guy Fawkes' [graphic].
- Grant, C. J. (Charles Jameson), active 1830-1852, printmaker
- Drake, G., active 1832-1836, publisher.
- Published / Created
- [approximately 1833]
- Publication Place
- Printed and published by G. Drake, 12, Houghton Street, Clare Market
"Group of Tories hanged over a fire stired up by rolls of papers representing corruption, orangism, tithes and plots; delighted men and politicians dancing and feeding the fire."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from item.
Attributed to Charles Jameson Grant in the British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication from the British Museum online catalogue.
Wood engraving with letterpress text.
Three columns of verse below title: Remember, remember, good people, remember, these times of King Bill and the fifth of November ...
Imperfect; sheet trimmed with loss of imprint and series statement. Missing text supplied from impression in the British Museum.
- 1 print : sheet 37.5 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 75 G750 833 Copy 2 (Oversize) Box 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1833
- wood engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Fawkes, Guy, 1570-1606.
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837.
- Subject (Topic)
Fawkes, Guy, 1570-1606
William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837
Politicians > England
England > 1833
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)