A map of the British and French settlements in North America / T. Bowen, sculpt.
- A map of the British and French settlements in North America / T. Bowen, sculpt.
- Bowen, Thomas, -1790
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- [publisher not identified],
From General magazine of arts and sciences (London, England : 1755)
Prime meridian: London.
pt. the first. Containing Canada, Nova scotia, Newfoundland, New England, part of New York, with the Lakes, Six Nations, and all the countries westward in the same parallels so far as discover'd; exhibiting the just boundaries, and the French encroachments: laid down from authentic surveys -- pt. the second. Containing part of New York, Pensilvania, New Jersey, Mary Land, Virginia, North & South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, and all the countries westward in the same parellels so far as discovered, shewing the course of the Rivers Ohio, Missisipi &c. exhibiting the just boundaries & the French encroachments laid down from authentic surveys.
Relief shown pictorially.
Sheets pasted together to form one sheet. Watermark.
Shows boundaries, rivers, forests, principal settlements and notes.
- 1 map on 2 sheets ; each 19 x 49 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Scale approximately 1:10,000,000
- (W 95°00ʹ--W 50°00ʹ/N 53°40ʹ--N 28°35ʹ)., 028.583333, -050.000000, 053.666667, -095.000000, 10000000, and a
- Call Number
- BrSides Folio 2019 104
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
France--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Great Britain--Colonies--America--Maps--Early works to 1800.
North America--Maps--Early works to 1800.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- List of maps of America in the Library of Congress, page 574 and McCorkle, B.B. Early printed maps of New England 1513-1800, 755.6
- Orbis Record