Fifty Comedies and Tragedies. Written by Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher, Gentlemen. All in one Volume. Published by the Authors Original Copies, the Songs to each Play being added ...
- Fifty Comedies and Tragedies. Written by Francis Beaumont and John Fletcher, Gentlemen. All in one Volume. Published by the Authors Original Copies, the Songs to each Play being added ...
- Alternative Title
- Works. 1679
- Beaumont, Francis, 1584-1616.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Printed by J. Macock, for John Martyn, Henry Herringman, Richard Marriot,
Many errors in paging.
Portrait of Fletcher, by Marshall.
The maids tragedy. -- Philaster; or, Love lies a bleeding. -- A king or no king. -- The scornful lady. -- The custom of the country. -- The elder brother. -- The Spanish curate. -- Wit without money. -- The beggars bush. -- The humorous lieutenant. -- THe faithful shepherdess. -- The mad lover. -- The loyal subject. -- Rule a wife, and have a wife. -- The laws of Candy. -- The false one. -- The little French lawyer. -- The tragedy of Valentinian. -- Monsieur Thomas. -- The chances. -- Rollo, duke of Normandy. -- The wild-goose chase. -- A wife for a month. -- The lovers progress. -- The pilgrim. -- The captain. -- The prophetess. -- The Queen of Corinth. -- The tragedy of Bonduca. -- The knight of the burning pestle. -- Loves pilgrimage. -- The double marriage. -- The maid in the mill. -- The knight of Malta. -- Loves cure; or, The martial maid. -- Women pleased. -- The night walker; or, Little thief. -- The womans prize; or, The tamer tamed. -- The island voyage. -- Wit at several weapons. -- The fair maid of the inn. -- Cupid's revenge. -- Two noble kinsmen. -- Thierry and Theodoret. -- The woman-hatter. -- The nice valour; or, The passionate madman. -- The honest man's fortune. -- A mask at Grays-Inn, and the Inner Temple; Four plays, or moral representations.
The second folio; contains seventeen plays not in the first folio, 1647.
- 5 p.l., 578 (i.e. 580), 557 p. front. (port.) 38 x 25 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- 1978 +80
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Wing B-1582.
- Orbis Record