French lemonade merchant [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > French lemonade merchant [graphic].
- French lemonade merchant [graphic].
- Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist
- Published / Created
- [18 June 1771]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. accordg. to act of Parllt. June 18th, by T. Scratchley, 1771
"A standing man facing left with a canister on his back from which he pours into a metal cup."--British Museum online catalogue, description of an earlier state
Title etched below image.
Artist from description of earlier state in the British Museum catalogue.
Reissue bearing both plate and volume numbers; see page 39 in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 5.
T. Scratchley is the pseudonym of Matthias Darly.
Plate numbered "v. 1" in upper left corner and "9" in upper right corner.
For earlier state without any numbering, see no. 4782 in the the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 4.
Third of three plates on leaf 59.
1 print : etching with engraving on laid paper ; plate mark 15.1 x 10.5 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 15.2 x 10.5 cm, on sheet 24.9 x 15.3 cm
- [State with plate and volume numbers].
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 59. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1771
Etchings England London 1771
- etching with engraving on laid paper ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > France > 1770-1780
England > 1771
England > London > 1771
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)