The Piccadilly macaroni [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The Piccadilly macaroni [graphic].
- The Piccadilly macaroni [graphic].
- Published / Created
- [12 August 1772]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. accordg. to act Augt. 12th, 1772, by MDarly, 39 Strand
"Portrait (caricature) of a very stout man with short legs standing in profile to the left. He wears a three-cornered hat; his club is looped at the back of his very thick neck. He wears a plain coat, ruffled shirt, spurred riding-boots."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate from vol. IV: Macaronies, characters, caricatures &c. [London] : Pubd. by MDarly, No. 39 Strand, 1772.
Plate numbered "v. 4" in upper left corner and "8" in upper right corner.
Second of three plates on leaf 81.
1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 17.5 x 12.7 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 176 x 126 mm, on sheet 220 x 140 mm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 81. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Etchings England London 1772
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)