The Westminster macaroni [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The Westminster macaroni [graphic].
- The Westminster macaroni [graphic].
- Darly, M. publisher.
- Published / Created
- [1 September 1772]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd according to act Septr. 1, 1772, by M. Darly, 39 Strand
"A tall young man wearing a coat, hat, and his hair in a long pig-tail, and with his hands on a cane."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Plate from vol. IV: Macaronies, characters, caricatures &c. [London] : Pubd. by MDarly, No. 39 Strand, 1772.
Plate numbered "v. 4" in upper left corner and "11" in upper right corner.
Second of three plates on leaf 82.
1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 17.4 x 12.5 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 174 x 125 mm, on sheet 231 x 132 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 82. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Etchings England London 1772
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)