The macaroni bricklayer prior to any other macaroni. [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The macaroni bricklayer prior to any other macaroni. [graphic]
- The macaroni bricklayer prior to any other macaroni. [graphic]
- Published / Created
- [17 September 1772]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. accordg. to act of Parlt. Sepr. 17, 1772, by MDarly, (39) Strand
A man (full-length) in profile stands looking left holding a trowel in his right hand; he holds his left hand in his pocket above the sword at his waist
Title etched below image.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate from vol. IV: Macaronies, characters, caricatures &c. [London] : Pubd. by MDarly, No. 39 Strand, 1772.
Plate numbered "v. 4" in upper left corner and "18" in upper right corner.
Third of three plates on leaf 84.
1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 17.6 x 12.7 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 177 x 127 mm, on sheet 212 x 135 mm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 84. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Etchings England London 1772
- etching ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Daggers & swords
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
Daggers & swords
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)