A macaroni waiter [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > A macaroni waiter [graphic].
- A macaroni waiter [graphic].
- Darly, M. publisher.
- Published / Created
- [11 December 1772]
- Publication Place
- Publish'd according to act Decr. 11, 1772, by MDarly, 39 Strand
"A waiter carrying a tea tray and kettle, with a napkin under his arm and his hair in a large bun."--British Museum online catalogue
Title etched below image.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate from vol. V: Characters, macaronies, & caricatures. [London] : Pubd. by MDarly, 39 Strand, 1773.
Plate numbered "v. 5" in upper left corner and "5" in upper right corner.
Third of three plates on leaf 87.
1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 17.7 x 12.6 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm.
- 1 print : plate mark 17.9 x 13 cm, on sheet 24.5 x 15 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 87. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1772
Etchings England London 1772
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Hairstyles > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
England > 1772
England > London > 1772
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)