The country singing clerk on a Sunday [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The country singing clerk on a Sunday [graphic].
- The country singing clerk on a Sunday [graphic].
- Published / Created
- [21 October 1773]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. accorg. to act Octr. 21, 1773, by MDarly, Strand
An old man, whole length in profile facing to the right, walks along a country road holding his hat and a very long stick with a face carved at the top. He carries a book in his pocket
Title etched below image.
Initial letters of publisher's name in imprint form a monogram.
Plate from vol. VI: Characters, macaronies, & caricatures. [London] : Pub. by MDarly, 39 Strand, Novr. 1, 1773.
Plate numbered "v. 6" in upper left corner and "20" in upper right corner.
Second of three plates on leaf 100.
1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 17.2 x 12.4 cm, on sheet 27.5 x 44.4 cm
- 1 print : plate mark 17.4 x 12.4 cm, on sheet 24.7 x 15.6 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 776D
- Collection Title
- Leaf 100. Darly's comic-prints of characters, caricatures, macaronies, &c.
- Collection Date
- [London] : Pubd. by Mary Darly, Jany. 1, 1776.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1773
Etchings England London 1773
- etching ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Clothing & dress
Clothing & dress > England > 1770-1780
Dandies > British
England > 1773
England > London > 1773
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)