Henry the 8th & Catharine Parr [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Henry the 8th & Catharine Parr [graphic]
- Henry the 8th & Catharine Parr [graphic]
- Alternative Title
Henry the Eighth and Catharine Parr
Henry the Eighth and Catherine Parr
- Noble, George, fl. 1795-1806, printmaker
- Published / Created
- Septr. 1, 1805.
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Illustration to Bowyer's edition of Hume's 'History of England'; the King sitting back in a low chair with his crutch resting beside him, his doublet partly unbuttoned, looking with disgruntled expression at his wife who stands beside him with hand on her hip."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Plate  in a volume bound to 50 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1805
- engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547,
Catharine Parr, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1512-1548,
- Subject (Topic)
Henry VIII, King of England, 1491-1547
Catharine Parr, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1512-1548
England > London > 1805
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)