The emigration of Cromwell prevented [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The emigration of Cromwell prevented [graphic]
- The emigration of Cromwell prevented [graphic]
- Jagger, Charles, 1770-1827, printmaker
Tresham, Henry, 1749?-1814, artist.
Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Septr. 1798.
- Publication Place
- Published by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Cromwell boarding a small boat, planning to emigrate to America in the face of debt, accompanied by a puritan, with a boy in the foreground untying the mooring, but looking back to left at two officers, one holding a signed paper, bringing news that the government have ordered him not to leave."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on three sides.
Plate  in a volume bound to 50 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)