Charles I imprisoned in Carisbrook Castle [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Charles I imprisoned in Carisbrook Castle [graphic]
- Charles I imprisoned in Carisbrook Castle [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Charles the First imprisoned in Carisbrook Castle
- Noble, George, fl. 1795-1806, printmaker
- Published / Created
- Septr. 1, 1800.
- Publication Place
- Published by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Illustration to Bowyer's edition of Hume's 'History of England'; King Charles sitting at right with sombre expression, his legs crossed and arms folded in lap, watched with sympathy by a servant preparing a fire at left."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on three sides.
Plate  in a volume bound to 50 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Engravings England London 1800
- engraving ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649,
- Subject (Topic)
Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649
England > London > 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)