The treachery of Col. Kirke, 1685 [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The treachery of Col. Kirke, 1685 [graphic]
- The treachery of Col. Kirke, 1685 [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Treachery of Colonel Kirke, 1685
- Smith, Anker, 1759-1819, printmaker
Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845, artist.
Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834, publisher.
- Published / Created
- April 1799.
- Publication Place
- Published by R. Bowyer, Historic Gallery, Pall Mall
"Illustration to Bowyer's edition of Hume's 'History of England'; Percy Kirke standing in a yard, gesturning towards building at left defiantly as two women kneeling at right plead with him, a prisoner being taken away behind at right."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark on right and left sides.
Plate  in a volume bound to 50 cm.
- 1 print : sheet 48 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 812 B68
- Collection Title
- Plate  Plate in: Series of one hundred and ninety-six engravings, (in the line manner) by the first artists in the country, illustrative of the history of England.
- Collection/Other Creator
- Bowyer, Robert, 1758-1834
- Collection Date
- London : Printed for the proprietor, R. Bowyer, 80, Pall Mall; by T. Bensley, Bolt Court, Fleet Street, 1812.
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)